Terms and Conditions for Okura Nikko Hotels Gift Check
Article 1 (The meaning of this Terms and Conditions)
This terms and conditions for Okura Nikko Hotels Gift Check (hereinafter referred to as this “Terms and Conditions”) stipulates the use of Okura Nikko Hotels Gift Check (hereinafter referred to as the “Gift Check”), which is issued by Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) and is defined as below. Each individual holder (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”) of the Gift Check shall use it in conformity with this Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 (Definitions)
Unless otherwise defined, definitions of the words and phrases used in this Terms and Conditions shall be as follows:
- Gift Check
- Gift Check Distributors
- Gift Check Dealers
(1) The Gift Check refers to one that allows the Customer to purchase or receive a product(s) or service(s) at one of the shops designated by the Company. Such purchase shall be made in exchange for the amount of money indicated on the Gift Check surface and by using the prepayment means issued by the Company.
(2) There shall be only one type of the Gift Check, which has the face value of JPY 5,000.
(1) Distributors (hereinafter referred to as “Distributors”) refer to the shops authorized by the Company to sell the Gift Check.
(2) The number of Distributors may increase or decrease.
(1) Of the domestic hotels belonging to Okura Hotels & Resorts, Nikko Hotels International and Hotel JAL City as well as their in-hotel shops and restaurants, dealers (hereinafter referred to as “Dealers”) refer to the shops authorized by the Company to handle Gift Checks.
(2) The number of Dealers may increase or decrease.
The Customer refers to each individual who, upon full understanding of and agreement/consent to the provisions of this Terms and Conditions, has accepted delivery of the Gift Check from the Company or Distributors (including a third party who has accepted delivery of the Gift Check), actually possesses the Gift Check, and will use the Gift Check in a way as stipulated in the provisions of this Terms and Conditions.
Products are a collective term for products (excluding some products such as tradable coupons) and services provided by Dealers.
Article 3 (Use of the Gift Check)
- The Customer shall be able to use the Gift Check only at Dealers’ shops.
- The Gift Check shall be invalid if it has been torn off along the perforated line, its identification number cannot be collated due to damage or other reasons, or more than one third of its original size has been lost.
- When purchasing a product(s), the Customer shall deliver the Gift Check in exchange for the product(s).
- In the event the Gift Check face value falls short of the total purchase amount, the Customer shall pay the remaining sum in cash or in accordance with the payment method designated by Dealers.
- Please note that Dealers cannot offer change even when the Gift Check face value exceeds the total purchase amount.
Article 4 (Cashing and refund)
- It is the Company’s basic policy not to cash or refund the Gift Check.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing provision, the Customer may be able to seek refund only when the Company has decided to totally discontinue the handling of the Gift Check due to significant changes in social conditions, enactment, revision or repeal of the relevant laws and regulations, or for any other reason that concerns the Company’s own convenience. In this case, refund shall be made in accordance with the method prescribed by the Company.
- In case of refund as mentioned above, the Company shall collect the Gift Check from the Customer.
Article 5 (Reissue)
Please note that the Company shall not refund or reissue the Gift Check even if the Customer has lost it, has had it stolen or altered, or the Gift Check has been used by a third party without approval of the Customer.
Article 6 (Illegal acquisition or use)
- The Company, Distributors or Dealers shall refuse the use of the Gift Check by the Customer if illegality falling under any one of the followings have been found:
- If any suspicious use of the Gift Check has been found including the foregoing, the Company, Distributors or Dealers may temporarily keep the Gift Check concerned at hand for the purpose of investigation.
- In case of the foregoing, the Customer shall never be able to seek refund, reissue or replacement of the Gift Check.
(1) If the Customer has acquired the Gift Check illegally, or if the Customer uses or attempts to use the Gift Check knowing that it has been acquired illegally.
(2) If the Gift Check is found to have been altered, forged or falsified.
(3) If the Customer has violated this Terms and Conditions.
(4) If the Company, Distributors or Dealers have recognized that the use of a particular Gift Check is illegal.
Article 7 (Collection and use of personal information)
- In conducting transactions based on this Terms and Conditions, the Company, as a general rule, shall not collect Customers’ personal information.
- When the Customer provides Distributors or Dealers with his/her personal information or pieces of information concerning the Gift Check such as the identification number, the Customer shall do it only after making arrangements with Distributors or Dealers concerned.
Article 8 (Gift Check validity)
The Gift Check has no expiry date.
Article 9 (Outsourcing of the Gift Check-related operations)
The Company may commission the Gift Check-related operations to a third party.
Article 10 (Prohibition of setting security such as pledge)
- The Customer shall not set security such as pledge on the Gift Check.
- In the event of the Customer’s violation of the foregoing, the Company, Distributors or Dealers shall not be held responsible for whatever trouble that may arise from such violation and shall not bear any responsibility whatsoever.
Article 11 (Modification of this Terms and Conditions)
- The Company may modify this Terms and Conditions without prior notice to the Customer.
- When modifying this Terms and Conditions, the Company shall, without delay, post the updated Terms and Conditions on its website for a period of time prescribed by the Company. The updated Terms and Conditions shall apply to transactions from the day following the end of the said posting period.
Article 12 (Jurisdiction)
In the event of any dispute related to the use or transaction of the Gift Check between the Customer and the Company, Distributors or Dealers, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court, which governs the Company’s head office, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
This Terms and Conditions shall go into effect on November 1, 2015.
Publisher: Hotel Okura Co., Ltd.