A cup of tea is a cup of peace ~Hotel Cafe Special~ | Afternoon Tea
As calm and stylish spaces, hotel cafes and lounges are used for a variety of purposes and occasions. As a place to seek out the menus you’ve been wanting to try, as a meeting place, to spend some time pre/post stay… The slow flow of time allows you to have an extraordinary experience while also providing comfort.
In this “Hotel Cafe Special”, we introduce cafes and lounges with special sweets and drinks, as well as places offering afternoon tea. Afternoon tea has become a popular topic as “Nun katsu”, shortened for afternoon tea katsudo, which means “(activities/going) to have afternoon tea”.
We ensure you will find a favorite place where you can spend an elegant moment, here at Okura Nikko Hotels’ cafes and lounges.
~Taste the “KUMAMOTO Seasonal Selection” made with local ingredients~
The “KUMAMOTO Seasonal Selection” afternoon tea set includes tartlets using Kumamoto’s locally grown fruits, ASOMILK blancmange, colorful macaroons, two types of scones, sandwiches with Kumamoto vegetables and smoked salmon, served with a fragrant blend of teas.
~Unique Okinawan afternoon tea~
The afternoon tea set features an eye-catching birdcage design. We offer a variety of sweets and snacks in line with seasonal themes. Enjoy the classic scones with the hotel’s original purple sweet potato jam and pineapple butter, which goes well with a selection of about 20 types of tea, including Okinawan Churahana tea and brown sugar cafe latte.
~Take a seasonal journey with Japanese afternoon tea~
The theme is based on the seasons of Japan, with sweets made from seasonal ingredients. You can try the traditional Japanese sweets, “Daifuku” (mochi stuffed with sweet red bean paste) and “Nerikiri” (white bean paste wrapped in rice flour dough) , while enjoying the tea from Mariage Freres.
About the stores listed
- Information on the cafes and lounges are subject to change without notice. Prior reservations may be required. Please contact each hotel for details.
- The images shown are examples. Afternoon tea menus vary depending on the season. Please check each hotel’s website for details regarding the menu.
- If you have any questions about the contents or terms and conditions, please contact each hotel directly.
- Please note that the plans listed on this page can only be booked online and cannot be booked at the Okura Nikko Hotels Reservation Center.
- Guarantee and cancellation policies may vary by hotel or plan.
* If you are having trouble signing in, please contact the One Harmony Office.